Benefits and Services
Alumni Association Benefits
Enjoy your benefits and discounts!
The Alumni Association provides you with opportunities to stay connected with fellow alumni, students and faculty through volunteer service, social interaction and philanthropy. Programs and resources include career services, affinity partner discounts, special alumni events and UMUC library services.
Your membership to the UMUC Alumni Association makes these discounts and benefits available to you.
- GEICO Auto Insurance Program — GEICO offers quality car insurance with complete 24-hour sales, policy and claims service. Visit GEICO’s Web site or call 800-368-2734 today for a free rate quote.
- State Employees Credit Union of Maryland, Inc. (SECU) — Join now to receive credit union benefits.
- UMUC Inn and Conference Center, Marriott — Receive a discount on rooms and meals at the UMUC Inn and Conference Center in Adelphi, Maryland.
- Receive a special 5% alumni discount on National Leadership Institute (NLI) Programs.
Free Subscriptions and Access
As a member, you receive these benefits:
- A free subscription to the alumni magazine, Achiever.
- Access to career and mentoring services through UMUC's Office of Career Services.
- Onsite access to UMUC Computer Labs throughout Maryland.
- Onsite access to UMUC Libraries throughout Maryland.
Other Special Services
The UMUC Alumni Association alerts you to several ways that you can show your UMUC pride and stay involved.
- Get UMUC Maryland License Tags displaying the UMUC logo, available for cars registered in the state of Maryland. Call 301-985-7664 for an application.
- Receive special invitations to UMUC Sponsored Events like UMUC's popular speaker series and artist receptions.
- Purchase a UMUC class ring or other commencement regalia. To order, contact Balfour at
1-800-Balfour/225-3687 or 1-800-521-9493 (Military).
- Show off your UMUC affiliation—purchase UMUC Gear.
- Network with UMUC alumni, join the Alumni Online Community.